ytub

My Youtube Channel    Please Subscribe

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Mixed the cyanotype chemicals together. Tested. It works!

Well I bought the cyanotype kit from adorama a long time ago. Today I decided to mix the chemicals and test out the emulsion indoors.

It's a simple mixing process:
  • Chemical A: completely mix with 400ml of distilled water in a measuring glass. Then bring it up to the 500ml mark
  • Chemical B: same exact process as Chemical A


As you can see in the photo, I put each Part in two separate containers. The half gallon jugs were purchased at Cameras Etc (my local camera shop), along with my measuring cup. Having large bottles actually works out very well. I'm going to buy another kit and have two liters worth of cyanotype emulsion at hand.

I tested the emulsion on some card stock. I painted "TEST" and my name in cursive and put it under a CFL lamp. Took about an hour indoors for the emulsion to darken. If it was sunny outside it would only take about five minutes. Anyways, I rinsed it off and poured a capful of peroxide while I was rinsing it. Turned out perfect. It's drying in the tub as you read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment