ytub

My Youtube Channel    Please Subscribe

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Yet another Ebay score! 20 rolls of frozen 127 film for $81



I put a max bid of $250 for 20 rolls of 127 film. The rolls have been in a freezer and has an expiration date of 11/1989. To me, frozen expired film is a priceless treasure. Luckily, I got the film for $81. The only other alternative for 127 film is buying Efke 127 film, which is over priced, or buying Frugal Photographer's Bluefire 127 film. Frugal's 127 film is just respooled non-perforated Konica/Kodak Portra 160 35mm film. I opted out of buying Frugal's film because they wouldn't let me buy in bulk to get the discount (and I have the same film to make my own rolls).

More on 127 film and cameras after the jump.

127 film is an antique film format. It was basically the smaller version of 120 film. 127 film, like 120 film, has paper backing with numbers but uses non-perforated 35mm film. I have an extra 100ft roll of non-perforated Konica 160 (Kodak Portra clone) as well as a 100ft roll of the Kodak Portra. I bought it from Ultrafine Online a whiles back.

I bought a Yashica 44 off of Etsy for $50. They normally sell well over $100 on ebay. I now have two 127 film cameras, the Yashica 44 and the Kodak Brownie Starmeter.

The 127 film project is easiest antique film project to get into. If you want to learn how to respool paper backed film, 127 film is the best place to start. Also developing 127 film is just like developing 35mm film. The reels are readily available and it's an affordable project. You don't even have to use non-perforated film. You can use normal 35mm film and get great sprocket hole shots. Even though I have non-perforated film, I'm still going to respool some Ilford Delta 3200 for some wicked nighttime sprockethole shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment